Monday, November 14, 2005

MREAKING MEWS: MORE MIPPETS FROM MEBSTER'S MICTIONARY

MORE MIPPETS
(What's a mippet? A Mormon "Snippet")
FROM MEBSTER'S MICTIONARY!!!
(By Bettyanne Bruin)

Schnodder; Pronoun; Official name of the person who sits on the front row in Sunday School Class and nods his or her head in response to every profound comment made by either the teacher or another Ward member. “If that schnodder has to keep nodding her head, that’s fine, but, why can’t she sit on the back row?!!”

Grrervice Project; Noun; Any Ward service project that creates a hardship; a service project no one want so attend; to attend a service project begrudgingly; a state of mind passed down from Lamen and Lemeuel. “Every year, we have to have the same Grrervice Project. Again, this year we have to pull all those darn weeds growing in the front of the Ward building!!!”

Junkorage; Noun; a form of food storage. Stored food that will never be eaten. Husband trying to find a place to park his car in the garage: “And exactly what do you suggest we do with all of this junkorage?”

Shayer; Noun; A short prayer. “I’m tired tonight, so I think I’ll just say a shayer.”

Shriptures; Noun; To spend only a few brief moment reading the scriptures. “I’m so tired tonight that, after my shayer, I am going to read my shriptures.”

Watasting; Noun; A fast that includes drinking water. “I was going to do a full fast, but my throat got so dry that I thought I would die. And besides, I saw Brother Thompson do that last month and he was never struck by lightening.”

Sacripew; Verb; One of the most difficult things for a Latter-day Saint to do; To give up one’s lifelong seat in the chapel; to sacripew. “Oh man, I was late for church last Sunday and I had to sacripew. I thought I wouldn't live!!!”

Big Mish; Noun; Mormon big fish stories; “When I was on my mission, while I was serving as an Assistant to the President, my companion and I walked to Rome and we almost baptized the Pope!!!"

Retailation; Noun; Revelation that comes over which purchase to make in a retail outlet store. Knowing, for sure, you have bought the right product. “I knew when I found the missing pillow to that couch that Heaven had saved that couch just for me!”

No comments: