Monday, August 15, 2005

FUNATTER-DAY SAINTS BREAKING NEWS: MORE MIPPETS

More Mippets !!!
(by Bettyanne Bruin, from an original idea by greedykristian. Used with permission.)

Mippet: Noun. Definition: Mormon snippet. Example: Members of the LDS church are very unique and famous for all of the many mippets they possess.

Thank you, Abrasivist, for your e-mailed comment about Mippets. E-mailed comments are one of the things I enjoy most about happyjellybeans.


From Abrasivist:

Lamment: Noun. Definition: mixing lame with comment.


happyjellybeans example: "Many times in Sunday School class, there is a lot of lammenting going on."

Funatter-day Saint: Adverb. Definition: A Mormon who likes to have a lot of fun. "I just love what a funatter-day Saint Martha is."

Shayer: Noun. Definition: Short prayer: "I'm so tired tonight that I think I'll just say a shayer." Or, "Geez, can't you remember it's Fast Sunday? I'm starving, so just hurry up and say a shayer!"

Badair. Noun. Definition: Bad hair. Example: "Sometimes people in some Wards really suffer from some pretty aweful badair (i.e. toupes that don't match, Marge Simpson hairstyles)."

Rushtoseconds. Noun. Definition: Storming the buffet table at a Ward dinner. Example: "Last time our Ward had a Ward dinner, it was embarassing how many people would rushtoseconds. I don't know if I'll ever bring my non-member neighbor
again."

No comments: